So I'm facilitating a small tasting education and beer/food pairing for friends who sold tickets for a charitable cause. I'm a trained facilitator from a past career and I'm a sucker for charitable causes.
I've done the training and pairing before - I recommend the beer and food pairing, serving order, do a tasting and evaluation 101 thing, and walk the guests through the courses with a little education on how to choose pairings. It's always a great combination of serious learning and fun.
Usually I'll slip a couple of my own beers into the mix. I assume that a few of the guests will become craft beer fans, and there's no harm in pimping my brand so to speak.
Here's the lineup:
- Beancurdturtle Brewing, Nelson Ate a Persimmon
Palate and mind opener (no food pair)
- Allagash Brewing Company, Allagash White
Napa cabbage and radicchio chiffonade salad, with lime juice coriander walnut oil dressing
- Ballast Point Brewing Company, Sculpin IPA
Sharp cheddar Mac and cheese with shaved bresaola
- Brasserie Dupont sprl, Saison Dupont
Mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes on pesto
- Brasserie de Rochefort, Trappistes Rochefort 10
Torch seared, sous vide boneless beef rib on crostino with coarse sea salt
- Epic Brewing Company, Big Bad Baptist
Chocolate dipped Coconut Macaroons
- Beancurdturtle Brewing, Black Lingerie Batch 3, Closer (no food pair)
That will do nicely!